I am sadly let down when it comes to restaurants in Brasil. I’m sure they exist, like Avenida Paulista I’m sure has some great ones. But I’m not in the “city” even though I’m in the city. I’m in Brooklin-Paulista, which is surrounded by a bunch of main roads/freeways. In LA, this was great news, as it meant I could get places fast. For me it means that when rush hour hits, I’m blocked in, so we tend not to go out at night. Ok the truth is, my husband I both work till 10-11pm most night, and I’m pregnant with a 1 year old, that adds to it).
However, I have acquired a list of online researching of places I think look good based on reviews. This is my fantasy, I’d like to eat here one day and see if it’s as good as it looks.
- Rong He in Liberdade makes fresh noodles, and very authentic Chinese food.
- Tantra looks cool and is asian fusion, and actually prints the menu online
- Food blogger’s restaurant recommendations all look yummy and she lists price points
- Olivia no excuses, this one is down the street from me.
- Butchers Market doesn’t that just sound yummy?
- Ribs Costela Nobre, is just ribs, but ribs are yummy and I’m kind of sick of Outback for ribs.
- La Casserole – seems fancy yet reasonable!
- Itig0 an Izakaya in Brazil, and I love myself a good Izakaya
- Several “best Japanese” restaurants on this list.. I’m a sucker for Japanese food and I really miss it as I haven’t had it yet here.
- Portal da Coreia I miss Korean food… convincing the hubby will be the hard part
- Namga I miss Thai food too
So that’s the list. Maybe you’ve eaten there, is it worth the time?