So we had our first Christmas, and sadly my husband missed being there in person for all of the action. Thanks to Skype he was able to see all of the Christmas excitement via the Internet, but still I feel bad he wasn’t there to see our little monkey’s enjoyment of his first Christmas
As we are leaving shortly, our presents for the most part were small, useful and easily travelable. Below is my list of items that would be good to give as gifts for people who are either out of the country or soon to be leaving the country.
- Unlocked Quadband Cell Phone (Ryan received the Samsung Vibrant)
- Flickr Pro to help them capture all of the memories
- International calling Card/Google Voice/Skype credit
- Proxy/VPN allowing recipient to surf the net with a US IP (so we can access Hulu, Pandora, etc.)
- If you get #4 you can get Hulu Plus or Netflix or Pandora
- Itunes gift cards
- Full US TV (I personally don’t watch that much TV so this is useless to me)
- Kindle e-books *even if they don’t have a Kindle, they can read the books on their phones, Blackberries, or even via the computer.
- Charity Donation in their name
- A WordPress upgrade 😉
And of course, let’s not forget Airline tickets!